Wednesday, May 13, 2009

About Turkish Delight and the Internet...

Today, my younger daughter said, "Do you know what Turkish Delight is?"

"Nope. It sounds good in books, though."

"I know! It's in Narnia..."

"Yeah, the witch gave it to the boy..."

"I'm going to look it up! I want to know what it is." She settled down at the computer and began to google. She found the recipe, read it through, and said, "Ewwww." Then she looked up all kinds of exotic foods from the links on the recipe site, and tried to pronounce their names aloud, giggling madly. This went on for quite a while.

This is why I love the internet, and Google, and the innate curiosity of kids, and my kid...

2 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Kids can say and do the funniest things. They brighten our lives.
Molly

Jenny said...

Thanks for the comments! the kids had a blast!!