Thursday, February 12, 2009

Giant Snake!



A vertebra of a Anaconda dwarfed by a vertebra of the giant boid snake, Titanoboa Cerrejonensis.

(Wednesday, Feb. 04, 2009)

Quote of the Day from Time

(www.time.com)

“It could easily eat something the size of a cow. A human would just be toast immediately.”

  • JACK CONRAD,
  • a snake expert, after fossils from northeastern Colombia revealed the biggest snake ever discovered: 42 to 45 feet long, reaching more than 2,500 pounds

Well, I have watched too many terrible snake movies on Sci Fi! This gave me vivid images for my bad dreams. Ewwwwwwww.


3 comments:

Bernice the Housewife said...

Oh my goodness. EWWWWWWWWWW is exactly right.

Bernice the Housewife said...

I did not comment on my own post; I am not having multiple personality issues or anything...Bonnie commented on our home computer, so the computer thought it was me commenting! I swear!

QuentinCompson said...

Yeah, right. Uh-huh. ;-)

I saw this article, too...and had the same reaction that you did -- too many SciFi movies.